Friday, August 24, 2007

More Enjoyable with a DEVICE

To fully become a citizen of the 21st century, it seems that I must own a DEVICE. If I owned a DEVICE, ebooks and eaudiobooks would be a lot more useful. I'm not going to listen to a book while sitting at my computer!!! But I've been listening to books in the car lately, and I would really like to do away with the whole process of opening the trunk, taking out the 6-CD changer, arranging the disks, replacing the disks I've already listened to, etc. etc. This is complicated by the fact that I am listening to one book while my 6-year-old is in the car with me, and another while I'm alone. Enter the fabled DEVICE and my problems would be over.
I will say I was happy to experience the Overdrive/NetLibrary interface from a user's perspective and it seems pretty easy and straightforward. I think it was Jen who created the FAQ on our site, and it is really helpful!!!!
Before all this Web 2.0 practice, I was pretty uncertain about the downloadable books, even though we're supposed to understand them in order to explain them to customers!! But now, everything tech-wise (at least from a user's standpoint, not how it actually works) has gotten a lot less intimidating.

No comments: