Friday, August 24, 2007

Homemade Podcast

Check it out. I didn't create this, but a good friend did, and it's posted on John's website. He updates it pretty much weekly, and it's always an eclectic bunch of songs built around a theme. Right now he sends out email reminders when the new podcast is up, but I'm going to ask John to add an RSS option, so I can put it straight into my Bloglines account. (Lesson #1: You can do that with podcasts.)
But here's the thing with podcasts, particularly music ones: I don't have an mp3 player, so I can't easily take them with me. Maybe I'll win the drawing for the mp3 player and all that will change! (Here at CCPL, if you finish your 23 Things by Aug. 31, you are entered into a drawing for an mp3 player. And since I accidentally WASHED John's in the washing machine a couple of months ago, I figure it's destiny for me to win a new one. No, they do not hold up very well in the wash.)
Also, for non-music ones, I just don't seem to have the attention span for them. I must not be an auditory learner, because I always get distracted. A video can hold my attention, but not an auditory podcast. And I didn't find any out there that looked too interesting. But I did subscribe to SLJ's, just in case they put something up that could be useful or interesting.

No comments: