Saturday, June 16, 2007

Week 1, Thing 1: About this program

I have to be honest and say that there's a lot of negativity about this program in our system. People are upset that they are being asked to do one more thing. No one ever feels like they have enough time to do even the basic parts of their job.
And in a way I feel like that too. But when I step back and think about it, I realize how lucky I am! I'm getting paid to learn about stuff that I've been wanting to figure out anyway, and ironically never can find the time for! Like wikis, rss feeds, flickr, social networking. I am surrounded by SO MUCH information all the time, that there's got to be a way to navigate it and make it so it works for me rather than controls me. Also, I'm excited by the Web 2.0 possibilities of creating and controlling my own content...with no computer programming knowledge!!!
So I'm trying to maintain a good attitude, and squeeze this in when I can. (Right now I'm doing it on a really slow Saturday at FDBG...)

2 comments:

BrambleRose said...

My attitude is improving greatly since getting into my blog and everyone else's and seeing what cool things people have done.

tabbi

Jen said...

I hope we'll be able to remember all we've learned and be able to apply it to our daily work. That's the real trick!!!